Lip pigmentation is a technique in the semi-permanent makeup world where we can make the lips more even in color or accentuate the lip contours if they are not so clear by nature. With this technique we color the lips with a color that suits you well and where we also look at your own lip color. This technique is also called the lip blush technique, which gives you a fuller look and a nice tight lip shape.
- Intake interview (20 minutes) Free
- Lip pigmentation (incl. 1 follow-up treatment within 8 - 12 weeks) € 450,-
- Extra touch-up within 3 months € 85,-
- Touch-up within 1 year* € 199,-
- Touch-up after 1 year to 1.5 years € 250,-
- Touch-up after 1.5 years to 2 years € 300,-
* for new customers
If you are not familiar with our salon, please first contact the relevant salon to check the structure of your lips. The price may differ for already installed (S)PMU.
Before the treatment starts, your wishes will be discussed in detail and the stylist will explain the entire procedure of the treatment. The consent form will also be discussed with you.
Then she proceeds to draw the lips, of course taking into account your wishes and the shape of your face. Only after you are satisfied with the pre-drawn lips will she start the lip pigmentation treatment. Hygiene and safety come first during the treatment, which is why we fully follow the GGD guidelines.
The Lip pigmentation treatment is performed by machine. The fine needle leaves small dots on the skin, which gives a natural lip blush and colors the lips beautifully. The pigmentation is applied in the first and second layer of skin, so that the result is semipermanent and will eventually fade.
The first touch-up is included in the price of the basic treatment. This touch-up should take place 8 - 12 weeks after the first treatment. You will enjoy the result for about 2 to 5 years, with time it will slowly fade.
Do you want to keep the result optimal? We advise you to schedule a touch-up.
If you wish to make an appointment for the treatment, there must be at least 48 hours in between. This way we can provide you with all the precautions you need to take at least 24 hours prior to the treatment.
The treatment takes 2 to 2.5 hours and is virtually painless. You must return within 8 - 12 weeks for the touch-up (included in the price of the basic treatment).
It is important that the pigmentation heals as quickly as possible. A number of factors are important for this:
- The healing time of a cosmetic tattoo or permanent make-up is approximately 1 week
- General health and physical condition play a role in this
- Personal hygiene is absolutely necessary during the healing time of the cosmetic tattoo or permanent make-up.
Follow the instructions below closely to ensure an optimal healing process. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your specialist.
Immediately after the treatment:
- Take good care of the lips with the aftercare that you receive from us. Make sure you apply it with a clean cotton swab and not with your fingers due to the risk of infection.
- Avoid contact with fingers, due to risk of infection
- Avoid contact with water for the first 48 hours
- Drink with a straw for the first 24 hours
- For the first 24 hours, do not consume any food/drink that contains a lot of pigment or salt. Also think of spicy food
- No alcohol for the first 4 hours after treatment
- Do not have chemical peels performed
- Avoid sun/tanning bed
In the next 7 days after treatment:
- No make-up on the lips for 10 days in addition to the nurturing aftercare that you receive from us
- 1 week no swimming and no sauna
- Do not sunbed or sit in the sun for 2 weeks , after the 2 weeks always protect the treated area with SPF50
- No facial treatments for 2 weeks
- No fillers placed in the lips during the entire healing proces
Avoid after treatment
Day 1 to Day 7
- Do not apply any cream (day/night cream) to the eyebrows except for the ointment you received (from the practitioner).
- Continue to keep the lips oily, if you do not follow this correctly, scabs will arise and they should not arise, because this pulls the pigment out of the skin
- Do not apply makeup to the lips
- Avoid sports in which you sweat a lot during the first week
- Do not go to the sauna, swimming pool or solarium
- During this period: no steam or massage near the face
- Do not put sunscreen on the lips
- Do not expose the pigmentation to sunlight
- You should not scratch or pick at the pigmentation
The first 30 days: it is not recommended to visit the swimming pool, solarium and/or sauna. No facial treatments, no (fruit acid) peeling, no microdermabrasion, no creams with growth factors, no laser treatments (this can affect the pigmented skin, which can cause pigment loss / burning). The use of antibiotics and hormonal treatments can affect the durability of the pigment (fading faster).
Use a sunscreen if you go outside, note: only after the 7th day.
Please note: contact your doctor in case of extreme redness, swelling, bleeding, exudate, color change or chronic pain.
Day 2 - 6: Crusting, dark color, flaking.
Day 6 - 14: Redness, pigment loss, very light color, shape much less visible.
Day 14 - 50: Color comes back more and more, redness disappears.
After the first session there is a color loss of about 60 - 70%
After the second session there is a color loss of about 30 - 40%.
Frequently asked questions
How long will the treatment take?
The basic treatment of the (S)PMU Lip Pigmentation takes about 2.5 hours. This includes the explanation, measuring and drawing of the lips and setting. The touch-up takes about 1.5 hours.
Can I determine the shape and color myself?
Your wishes will be discussed prior to treatment. So you can indicate yourself which shape / color you like, how thick you want the lips, etc. It is very important that you investigate this before the start of the treatment and come to the appointment prepared. We first draw out the desired shape, this can be adjusted until you are satisfied. Then the Lip pigmentation treatment will be started. We can also choose to lighten the color for the first treatment, if you find it exciting in terms of results. Then you can go even darker with the touch-up, if desired.
On holiday after the treatment?
It is not smart to have lip pigmentation applied just before your sun holiday, because the first 5 days after the treatment your lips should not come into contact with sun and chlorinated water. After treatment it is recommended not to come into contact with direct sunlight and it is recommended to wear a hat/cap. If you do not correctly comply with this prescribed protection, you will enjoy the pigmented lips for a much shorter time than another person.
Treatment is not recommended in the following cases (relative contraindications):
- After treatment with botox/fillers, you should wait at least 8 weeks before placing (S)PMU.
- When you often have a cold sore (herpes simplex). If you occasionally have a cold sore, 1 to 2 times a year, a (S)PMU treatment is possible. With the following precautions: 5 days before the treatment take cold sore tablets or treat with cold sore cream and continue to apply the cream one week after the treatment. Please note that placing (S)PMU can cause a cold sore.
- In the case of diabetes (diabetes), (S)PMU is in some cases not recommended because wound healing is not optimal in some patients. However, most people with diabetes have normal wound healing and can therefore carry out the treatment.
- People with haemophilia (blood clotting disease) can easily bruise and spontaneous bleeding, which increases the risk of bleeding.
- Chronic skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and vitiligo can cause a Köbner phenomenon. This skin disease can move to a place where (S)PMU occurred.
- People with an immune disorder are at greater risk of infections. An infection can affect the end result of the (S)PMU.
- When using anticoagulants, such as enoxaparin (Clexane®), phenprocoumon (Marcoumar), acenocoumarol (Sintrom), nadroparin (Fraxiparine®), dalteparin (Fragmin®), rivaroxaban (Xarelto®), dabigatran (Pradaxa®), apixaban (Eliquis ®) and edoxaban (Lixiana®) ensure that the blood remains thin and does not clot (quickly). This has an effect on the extent to which the pigment remains in the skin. People with a heart and vascular disorder often use anticoagulants, so pay close attention to this.
- The use of corticosteroids (tablets) often causes delayed wound healing and thin, fragile skin. This can influence the end result of the (S)PMU treatment.
- When using roaccutane (isotretinoid tablets), these medications are sometimes prescribed for acne. Up to six months after treatment, it is recommended not to undergo (S)PMU treatment, due to the possibility of hypertrophic scars and/or pigmentation abnormalities.
In these cases, we advise you to first contact the treating physician. Does he/she agree to let you undergo the (S)PMU treatment? We ask you to provide us with a written commitment from your treating physician. Without this permission, the treatment will not be carried out.
Treatment is not possible in the following cases (absolute contraindications):
- In case of fever.
- For skin cancer in the treatment area.
- When the area to be treated has undergone plastic surgery or radiation within the past year.
- When the area to be treated contains a scar less than 6 months old.
- When (S)PMU was set less than 6 weeks ago.
- When laser has been applied to/around the site of the (S)PMU treatment or the laser wound has not healed.
- When the area to be treated has irritated skin such as bumps, dark moles or swellings.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.