Ombre Powder Brows
Ombre Powder Brows is the latest and most sophisticated technique in semi-permanent make-up for the eyebrows. By means of a machine and a fine needle that goes up and down with speed in the first and second layer of skin, a beautiful natural powder effect result is achieved.
- Intake interview (20 minutes) Free
- Powder Brows (incl. touch-up within 6/8 weeks) € 400,-
- Extra touch-up color (within 3 months) € 75,-
- Touch-up color (within 1 year) € 199,-
- Touch-up color (after 1 year to 1.5 years) € 225,-
- Touch-up color (after 1.5 years to 2 years) € 250,-
- Touch-up color longer than 2 years €, - on request
- Touch-up color, placed elsewhere €, - on request
Before the treatment starts, your wishes will be discussed in detail and the stylist will explain the entire procedure of the treatment. The consent form will also be discussed with you.
Then she proceeds to draw the eyebrows, of course taking into account your wishes and the shape of your face.
Only after you are satisfied with the pre-drawn eyebrows will she start with the Powder Brows treatment. Hygiene and safety come first during the treatment, which is why we fully follow the GGD guidelines.
The treatment takes 2 to 2.5 hours and is virtually painless. You must return within 6 to 8 weeks for the follow-up treatment (included in the price).
It is important for pigmentation to heal as quickly as possible. A number of factors are important for this:
- The healing time of a cosmetic tattoo or permanent makeup is about 1 week.
- General health and physical condition play a role. Personal hygiene is necessary during the healing time of the cosmetic tattoo or permanent makeup.
Follow the instructions below closely to ensure optimal healing process. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your specialist.
NOTE: Do not wet the eyebrows for the first 72 hours after treatment.
Every two hours, apply a thin layer of ointment that you have received (from the practitioner) or that he or she recommends. Apply this with a clean cotton swab.
Cover the eyebrows with cling film the first night after treatment to protect the eyebrows during sleep. If the treatment takes place late in the afternoon or in the evening, perform the above operation before sleeping.
Three days after the treatment, you should wash the eyebrows before going to bed. Doing this with clean hands and water, with light pressing circular movements wash your eyebrows. After this, apply a thin layer of ointment with a clean cotton swab.
In the next 7 days, you should perform the washing at least 2 times every day and apply the ointment 5 times a day.
When washing the face be careful of the eyebrows, do not rub but dab the eyebrows.
Avoid after treatment
Day 1 to Day 7
- Do not apply any cream (day/night cream) to the eyebrows except for the ointment you received (from the practitioner).
- Continue to keep the eyebrows fat, if you do not follow this correctly, scabs will arise and they should not arise, because this pulls the pigment out of the skin
- Do not apply make-up to the eyebrows
- Avoid sports in which you sweat a lot during the first week
- Do not go to the sauna, swimming pool or solarium
- During this period: no steam or massage near the face
- Do not apply sunscreen to the eyebrows
- Do not expose the pigmentation to sunlight
- You should not scratch or pick at the pigmentation
The first 30 days
- A visit to the swimming pool, solarium and/or sauna is not recommended.
- No facial treatments, no (fruit acid) peeling, no microdermabrasion, no creams with growth factors, no laser treatments (this can affect the pigmented skin, which can cause pigment loss / burning).
- No use of antibiotics and hormonal treatments, these can affect the durability of the pigment (fading faster).
- Use a sunscreen when you go outside, note: only after the 7th day.
Contact your doctor in case of extreme redness, swelling, bleeding, exudate, color change or chronic pain.
Day 2 - 6: Crusting, dark color, flaking.
Day 6 - 14: Redness, pigment loss, very light color, shape much less visible.
Day 14 - 50: Color comes back more and more, redness disappears.
- After the first session there is a color loss of about 60 - 70%
- After the second session there is a color loss of about 30 - 40%
Frequently asked Questions
How long will the treatment take?
The basic treatment of the (S)PMU Ombre Powder Brows takes about 2.5 hours. This includes the explanation, measuring and for drawing eyebrows and setting. The touch-up takes about 1.5 hours.
Can I determine the shape and color myself?
Your wishes will be discussed prior to treatment. So you can indicate yourself which shape / color you like, how thick you want the eyebrows, etc. It is very important that you investigate this before the start of the treatment and come to the appointment prepared. We first draw out the desired shape, this can be adjusted until you are satisfied. Then the Ombre Powder Brows treatment will be started. We can also choose to lighten the color for the first treatment, if you find it exciting in terms of results. Then you can go even darker with the touch-up, if desired.
On holiday after the treatment?
It is not smart to have Ombre Powder Brows applied just before your sun holiday, because the first 5 days after the treatment your eyebrows should not come into contact with sun and chlorinated water. After treatment it is recommended not to come into contact with direct sunlight and it is recommended to wear a hat/cape/sunglasses. If you do not correctly comply with this prescribed protection, you will enjoy the pigmented eyebrows for a much shorter time than another person.
Treatment is not recommended in the following cases (relative contraindications):
- After treatment with botox/fillers, you should wait at least 8 weeks before placing (S)PMU.
- In the case of diabetes (diabetes), (S)PMU is in some cases not recommended because wound healing is not optimal in some patients. However, most people with diabetes have normal wound healing and can therefore carry out the treatment.
- People with haemophilia (blood clotting disease) can easily bruise and spontaneous bleeding, which increases the risk of bleeding.
- Chronic skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema and vitiligo can cause a Köbner phenomenon. This skin disease can move to a place where (S)PMU occurred.
- People with an immune disorder are at greater risk of infections. An infection can affect the end result of the (S)PMU.
- When using anticoagulants, such as enoxaparin (Clexane®), phenprocoumon (Marcoumar), acenocoumarol (Sintrom), nadroparin (Fraxiparine®), dalteparin (Fragmin®), rivaroxaban (Xarelto®), dabigatran (Pradaxa®), apixaban (Eliquis ®) and edoxaban (Lixiana®) ensure that the blood remains thin and does not clot (quickly). This has an effect on the extent to which the pigment remains in the skin. People with a heart and vascular disorder often use anticoagulants, so pay close attention to this.
- The use of corticosteroids (tablets) often causes delayed wound healing and thin, fragile skin. This can influence the end result of the (S)PMU treatment.
- When using roaccutane (isotretinoid tablets), these medications are sometimes prescribed for acne. Up to six months after treatment, it is recommended not to undergo (S)PMU treatment, due to the possibility of hypertrophic scars and/or pigmentation abnormalities.
In these cases, we advise you to first contact the treating physician. Does he/she agree to let you undergo the (S)PMU treatment? We ask you to provide us with a written commitment from your treating physician. Without this permission, the treatment will not be carried out.
Treatment is not possible in the following cases (absolute contraindications):
- In case of fever
- For skin cancer in the treatment area.
- When the area to be treated has undergone plastic surgery or radiation within the past year.
- When the area to be treated contains a scar less than 6 months old.
- When (S)PMU was set less than 6 weeks ago.
- When laser has been applied to/around the site of the (S)PMU treatment or the laser wound has not healed.
- When the area to be treated has irritated skin such as bumps, dark moles or swellings.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Is the treatment painful?
Opinions are sharply divided on this. One compares putting the Ombre Powder Brows with the feeling during epilation. The other finds it slightly more painful, but due to the anesthesia (which can be used according to preference), the pain is nil during the treatment. Some customers even feel nothing at all.